Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Little About Me...

I wanted to share a little about me.  I am Catherine, but my friends call me Cat.  I realize that I am 27 years old and that "Cat" probably isn't the most adult name there is, but who wants to be an adult anyway!  

I am married to my very best friend, Rob.  We are going on 5 years of marriage! He was born and raised in Corpus Christi.  I have lived in several states, but have lived in Corpus Christ a long time.  I consider it home.  We have two wonderful children who have made our lives complete.  Kinzie just turned 3 years old and Kyle is 5 months old.  I am a full-time mommy and part-time photographer. Before deciding to become a photographer, I was a graphic designer for 5 years.  

I LOVE arts and crafts.  I enjoy sewing.  I love to cook.  I like to end each day by reading a chapter in a book.  I read about 25 books in the last year.  I love spending time with my kids, husband and friends.  My favorite book from last year was a tie between Water for Elephants and The Help.  I am a sucker for chick-flicks.  I don't like to wear shoes, but if I have to I wear flip-flops.  I love to watch tennis and golf...which is kind of strange since I don't play either sport. I love to travel, but nothing is better than sleeping at home.  

I am very new to the photography world. I have always enjoyed taking photos, but never realized how much I would enjoy taking photos when given the proper tools.  I purchased my first DSLR camera, a Canon Rebel, 10 months ago...October of last year.  I had no idea what I was doing.  I knew nothing about camera, settings, or photography.  I was so intimidated that I almost returned the camera.  But I decided that I wasn't going to let that camera beat me.  So, I practiced every day and every day I would learn something new.  I still continue to learn something new every time I photograph. 

I upgraded my camera and lenses in April.  I now shoot with a Canon 7D.  My favorite two lenses are my 50mm 1.4 and 24-70mm 2.8L.  

So, when did I decide I wanted to be a photographer?  January 1st, 2011. On January 1st, I purchased my website domain and I didn't tell anyone.  I was SOOOOOO afraid of being laughed at because I had just bought my camera a few months earlier.  However, my goal/my resolution was to have a photography business by the end of 2011.  So, on the first day of the new year I purchased my domain 
http://cat-herndon.com.  Then, in March I had my beautiful son. 

 MAY 1st, 3 months ago, I opened Cat Herndon Photography.  It's been such an over-whelming experience for me.  I guess the over-whelming part of the experience has been the positive support and feedback I have received  from friends and family.  I am really appreciative of everyone who is following me on this journey.  I am still very new to this business and the photography world, but I feel I have come a long way in a short time.  I also am excited about the future because I know that I will learn so much more and improve so much more.  

Thank you all for being a part of my little world and supporting me along the way!


No comments:

Post a Comment